Thursday, June 30, 2011

Now you see it ...

... and now it is covered in scaffolding!


As you can see, the house is now wrapped in a protective layer of scaffolding. It is there to protect the tradesmen really (not a bad idea considering it is 8m to the ground from the top of the roof), but I like to think it's keeping the house safe until it is revealed like a beautiful butterfly emerging from a cocoon! I can almost hear hubby rolling his eyes at that one.

But it's true, when it comes time for the scaffolding to be removed the top of the house will be painted, the doors and windows will be fitted and the roof will be complete. It will be like unwrapping the best Christmas present ever! Again with the eye-rolling ...




So there we have it, the progress report is up to date. I'll leave out the obligatory whinge about the rainy weather in the hope that the universe will project sunlight back to us if we keep a positive outlook. No, the sticky mud on our boots, the kid's clothes, and in the cars is NOT getting to us ... not a bit ... ahem.

I'm not sure how much Darren will get done at the house this weekend as he is swapping his hammer and drill for a whisk and mixing bowl to whip me up a birthday cake. Bless him. I hope it doesn't have saw dust in it ...

x M

3 comments:

  1. I am simply drooling not only a handy husband but the beginnings of a beautiful home.jealous much ?? um yere.lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it is going to be amazing! Can't wait to see it painted for some inspiration at our house. Colour choices??? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Nelly, I'll happily hire him out when the house is finished! Jenny, we are going with a Woodland Grey colourbond roof, with a light stone beige for the external walls and white trim on the verandahs and window hoods. But I may change my mind before we paint - I get inspired by colour combinations every time I drive past a house or look through Realestate.com!

    ReplyDelete