On the house front, the roof is finally on - happy dancing all round! It is such a relief to have the house (relatively) waterproof at last. The roofing company do have to come back to fix up some scratches and a few imperfections, but essentially it is done and looking fabulous. I LOVE the colour, which is a good thing considering the size and prominence of the roof. We had a colour disaster on a previous house - the whole thing was painted in a hideous pinkish colour. Certainly not what we had chosen and thankfully repainted fairly quickly, but it has made me a tad nervous about colour selections ...
I have to make a decision on the external paint colours this week, so that we can paint the top level before the scaffolding is removed. My little men and I are off to collect paint samples today - wish me luck!
The internal wall framing is all complete now, so we have a real feel for how we will live in the space. The original vj's we removed will be re-used on the new frames, then sanded and painted in the next few weeks. And excitingly half of the upstairs windows have also been installed. They look beautiful, and I'm so pleased we decided to go with cedar windows. Darren and Matt worked hard to put the windows in, and despite a small incident with a falling window and a power tool, they did a brilliant job of it! It's hard to get a good photo of the windows as the scaffolding is still up.
A huge thank you to friends who will work under tough conditions and all for love - you know who you are x
So without further ado, here are some progress pics:
The servery waiting to be installed.
Cheeky resident magpie family!
So much fun to be had with off-cuts
Daddy's little helper
Installing the first window in the guest room
Splashback fixed window in the kitchen
We have the builders on site for the last week this week, and then it all comes down to Darren to get it finished!